While Raising Cattle, hay, and horses comprises the traditional backbone of the enterprises at the Galt Ranch, providing helicopter services are new-generation activities. GALT RANCH AVIATION provides helicopter charters and scenic air tours of central Montana in our Bell 206L-4 helicopter.
The helicopter also helps to accomplish critical work
- Locating and moving cattle on the ranch
- Fighting fires on the ranch as well as for the Forest Service and Contracted services
- Search and rescue missions
- Spraying Services
- Licensed hunting of predators
Galt Ranch Aviation provides helicopter charters and scenic air tours of beautiful central Montana.
- Mountain ranges including the Big Belts, Little Belts and Castle Mountains
- Smith River and Smith River Canyon – access is very limited to these areas with a limited number of floaters allowed each year.
- Large herds of wildlife.
- Meandering valleys, plains, rock faces and big timber areas.
Mr. Galt is an experienced mountain terrain pilot and has many great stories incorporating the history of the area to tell during your tour as he had ranched here for over 40 years.
Tours are available year round, weather permitting. Tour routes and sights may vary according to weather and wind conditions. TOUR COST IS $1,950 PER HOUR